This hidden page will be made available to US Lacrosse Certified Trainers who conduct training for ENCWLOA and US Lacrosse Certified Observers who Observe and perform Ratings.
Training Program Requirements
Two (2) – three (3) hours of videos to watch remotely, in advance of in-person training.
Hours & Schedule
10-11 hours of in-person classroom training.
Classroom training information/details
Questions to ask of host location:
On-field Instruction & Review
Ideally, there would be three (3) hours of on-field instruction, without teams to do field check, pre-game meeting with partner, pre-game meeting with captains & coaches, Ropes Demo for positioning
(tangent / quadrants) for Lead and Trail, Transitional positioning, Practice doing the draw, etc.
If the training isn’t being planned around an existing event such as the Athens Drive Jamboree, ENCWLOA must create a small scrimmage/playday opportunity to support the ENCWLOA
training event. Scrimmages can be 7v7 or something other than full-team and full-field. The goal is to get newbies out on the field to practice.
2018 Classroom training packet - for the trainer
Observer Procedure & Materials
OBSERVER / RATING PROCEDURE
1. Conduct On-field Evaluation using a Checklist.
2. Draft Rating Letter based on Checklist.
3. Send Completed Checklist and draft Rating Letter to Local Board Chair for review.
4. Local Board Chair will review and provide feedback.
5. Review Rating Letter based on feedback.
6. Send Final Rating Letter to Local Board Chair for files AND copy ENCWLOArate@gmail.com on the email. This is the email address set up to collect and store Final Rating Letters.
7. Send Final Rating Letter to Official that you rated.
8. Receive rating fee from official or from ENCWLOA. This might be the most important step! Follow-up to make sure you are compensated for your time and efforts!
Level 1 Rating Observation Checklist
Level 2 Rating Observation Checklist
Level 3 Rating Observation Checklist
ENCWLOA OFFICIALS AND EVENTS